7.09.2012

I'm 12, What Do I Know?

Well, I know good food from great food and great food from not so great food.  When in a restaurant, a few of the things I notice? Presentation, service, atmosphere, and of course, the food.  I have lived in this area for 3 years September 2012.  My mother is from Boston and my father from Orlando.  We settled in the middle.  Coming from Naples, Florida, yes it is a gorgeous place with white sand beaches, but not quite the culinary capital of America.  Turn your head and it is a chain place on every corner, like Outback or Olive Garden.  Most of the amazing restaurants that would be considered top notch are private owned.  Like a beautiful river side restaurant that has a long history, bobcats roaming outside the windows table side, and the menu is spectacular, is The Bay House.  No celebrity chefs, no Eater and definitely no weekly food chats! Crazy, huh? 

Moving here has been a graduation, food and restaurant-wise, and here are just a few of the places that come to mind that I have been to since moving here:
Oyamel ~ Founding Farmers DC & Potomac ~ Graffiato ~ Ben's Chili Bowl ~ La Sandia ~ La Canela ~ Shake Shack ~ Taqueria La Placita ~ Michael's Noodles ~ Cava Rockville ~ BGR ~ Bobby's Burger Palace ~ Vidalia ~ Bistro Bis ~ Jaleo ~ The Daily Grill ~ Mussel Bar ~ Clyde's ~ Capital Grille ~ Gordon Biersch ~ Pho 75 ~ Bourbon Steak ~ Freddy's Lobster ~ Rosa Mexicano ~ Matchbox ~ Masa 14 ~ Ping Pong Dim Sum ~ La Limena ~ Black's Bar & Kitchen.

Restaurants I have been to elsewhere? Boston, Atlantic City, Rehoboth Beach and all over Florida  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment